ISO 14001 environmental certification
21 December 2012
The Unaoil Group is proud to announce that its engineering and construction division, UnaE&C, was certified to ISO 14001 for its environmental management system in December 2012.
This is a reflection of the company’s commitment to environmental improvement year on year and includes the adoption of a series of objective criteria to measure targets on the ground. Under ISO 14001, the company must demonstrate it has trained its employees and increased awareness on environmental matters.
As part of the Group’s commitment to decreasing its impact on the environment, the following measures have been implemented:
- Clear demarcation of colour coded waste streams in Dubai and on site in Iraq
- Clear demarcation of hazardous waste streams for environmentally regulated disposal on site
- 10% reduction in paper waste
- Awareness campaigns on optimal use of electricity in non-office hours
- 90% elimination of the use of PET bottles in Dubai. All employees now use recyclable, eco-friendly canisters
- Participation in Clean Arabia